- This event has passed.
Adult Confirmation Classes
March 8, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - May 31, 2017 @ 9:00 pm
Adult Confirmation 2017
This program is offered for all adults (18+), including those from other parishes, who wish to further their education in the Catholic faith. Everyone is invited! At the same time, it has been designed to provide the necessary formation to prepare those adults who wish to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Day and Time:
Wednesdays, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Twelve session starting March 8, 2017 and ending May 31, 2017
Room 1 of the School
You should bring your own Bible and Catechism of the Catholic Church, if you already have them. Any other materials needed will be provided.
How To Register:
There are two steps:
- Register online at this link.
- Set up an initial interview:
- If you are a parishioner at St. Clare, please contact John Kovacs in the parish office to set up an initial interview.
- If you are not a parishioner, please set up an initial interview at your home parish with the director of Adult Faith Formation (or of Religious Education…whoever it may be who is in charge of Adult Confirmation), and ask him to fax/email to John Kovacs at St. Clare a letter that you have done the initial interview and that you have turned in your Baptism certificate and First Communion certificate.
- If you are not a formally registered parishioner at any particular parish, then you automatically belong to the parish within whose geographical boundaries you live. You can look at a map of parishes in Houston to see which is the nearest parish to where you live here or here. Usually the parish nearest you would also be the parish within whose boundaries you live, but it is not always the case–you might live just over the boundary. So be sure to call the parish to make sure.
- If you are not a formally registered parishioner at any particular parish, but you would like to register at St. Clare and begin attending regularly, then please contact the pastor, Fr. Vincent Nguyen, and set up an appointment to meet with him and discuss your situation.