On this page you will find information about the following Scripture Studies:
Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother
As Catholics, we have a profound reverence for the Blessed Mother. We turn to her in prayer, in the Mass, in the Rosary, and in Marian devotions. We honor her with special feasts celebrating the significant events in her life. We place images of her in our churches and homes.
Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother is an extraordinary pilgrimage that reveals Mary’s unique role in God’s Kingdom and in our lives. Filmed on location in the Holy Land, Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother will place you in the midst of the powerful drama of her earthly life, taking you through her joys…and her sorrows. You will learn how she works in our lives today, drawing us ever closer to her Divine Son. Seeing Mary in this way will change you forever. Mary will become a part of your daily life, and in your daily life, you will become more like Christ.
What you will learn
- See what life was like for Mary, and experience what she felt at each dramatic moment in Scripture.
- Visit the grotto of Mary’s home in Nazareth, the cave where Christ was born in Bethlehem, the site of Our Lord’s victory on the Cross, and other rarely seen places in the Holy Land.
- See the significance of Mary as you explore the Biblical roots of our beliefs about her.
- Deepen your devotion to Mary as you discover our Blessed Mother in a uniquely personal way.
- Be drawn closer to Christ as Mary leads you to a more profound and personal relationship with her Son.
…and much more!
How does it work?
Who: Men and women
What: Eight weekly sessions, starting January 22, 2018, skipping Spring Break week
When: Mondays, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Where: Conference Center
When you register, you purchase the materials at the same time.
How to Register
The Book of Wisdom
Wisdom: God’s Vision for Life
Scripture and the Tradition of the Catholic Church provide an abundance of wisdom, though it can often be challenging to apply it to our lives. In this study, Jeff Cavins and Thomas Smith examine biblical wisdom as it relates to daily life. Drawing on the wisdom literature of the Bible—Proverbs, Wisdom, Sirach, and Ecclesiastes—Wisdom will teach you how to actively seek out sound guidance and increase your sense of peace in navigating life. In everything from friendships to finances, from making decisions to attaining peace of mind, Scripture offers a vision for happiness and well-being. With this program, you will learn how to gather, gain, and grow in wisdom, and you will experience the joy it brings to your life.
- Discover what wisdom is (and what it isn’t!)
- Learn new habits for increasing wisdom in your daily life
- Gain confidence, through role models and practice, in living according to God’s vision
How does it work?
- Monday evening is co-ed
- Tuesday morning is women only
What: Eight weekly sessions, starting January 22 & 23, 2018, skipping Spring Break week
- Mondays, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm, in Room 1 of the school
- Tuesdays, 9:15 am – 11:30 am, in the Conference Center
When you register, you purchase the materials at the same time. NOTE: If you pre-ordered and paid for your materials through the parish, then you do NOT need to register below.
How to Register
- Click here for the co-ed study on Monday evenings.
- Click here for the women’s study on Tuesday mornings.