40 Days for Life
October 20, 2017
St. Clare’s is covering 40 Days for Life on Friday, October 20th, from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. We would love for you to come join us for any amount of time.
What is 40 Days for Life?
40 Days for Life is a peaceful prayer vigil outside Planned Parenthood at 4600 Gulf Freeway. We pray for an end to abortion, for the children, women, and men that enter. The doctors, nurses, staff, and volunteers of Planned Parenthood, as well. You can pray a rosary, a chaplet, or whatever prayer you would like. All are welcome, men, women, teens, and children. Last Lent we had a good number of people show up to pray and it was a great success.
Sign up for a time-slot online!
For more information about Stand and Pray, click here.
What is Respect Life?
Learn more about the sacredness of human life and participate in events which help foster a deep commitment to defend and protect ALL human life—from the moment of conception to natural death.
Respect Life issues affect all of us, in one way or another. Abortion, abstinence, adoption, euthanasia, embryonic stem cell research, human cloning—these, and other issues, impact our society as a whole and either bring us closer to respecting the inherent dignity of every human person, or else they bring us further away. Which way will we choose.
To join the St. Clare Respect Life email list, join our Yahoo Group. You will receive updates on parish events that concern Respect Life, as well as updates on current news, action alerts, and so on.
There is a wealth of information available, both to gain a deeper understanding of the issues and what is at stake, as well as to find out about upcoming events in the Archdiocese and beyond. Check out these links:
- The Respect Life Office of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
- Archdiocesan webpage for Social Justice and Life Issues
- U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops – Pro-Life Activities
- U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops – Respect Life Program
- U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops – Human Life and Dignity
- Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston page on Conscience Protection, in light of the unjust HHS mandate in recent news
- U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops – Conscience Protection
- U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops – Religious Liberty in general